Qualifications for semi finals: January 28-March 24, 2013
Semi Finals: March 25-March 31 (dates and locations to be announced)
Finals: April 6, at 1pm
Beavercreek Location, 3195 Dayton-Xenia Rd. (in the Kroger Shopping Center)
- Must be 18 or older to participate—waiver required
- Contestant must inform Submarine House employee at time of ordering that they wish to take the challenge
- Store employee must administer the timer and select area for customer to sit during contest
- Store manager on duty is solely responsible for final decision on any and all disputes.
- Contestant must consume 16” Super, Duper Philly Cheesesteak with The Works in 16 minutes or less.
- Entire sub must be consumed including all contents that fall from sandwich during consumption and remain fully consumed for a minimum of five minutes after finishing the sandwich.
- Contestants may only qualify at one store. If a qualifier would try to qualify again at another location, they will be disqualified from the competition.
- The winner is responsible for providing all their contact information to the store before leaving and the employee must log and initial the time.
- Employees and their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
- Contestants may try to qualify for the top ten as often as they want, but may only receive a free sandwich and T-shirt one time. All other attempts are at the contestant’s expense.
The top ten fastest qualifying times will receive their sandwich for FREE, a T-shirt and move on the semifinals the week of March 25.
- All qualifying contestants must return on the designated date and time if they wish to try to become a finalist.
- This round is solely judged on the fastest time one can consume the sandwich.
- If too many contestants qualify to compete at the same time, the contestants will compete in groups and the fastest overall time will move on to the finals at the Beavercreek Bar & Grill on April 6, 2012.
The fastest time in the semi-finals will win the store championship and receive a special T-shirt, trophy and their picture displayed in the store at the finals.
- The finals will be held at the Beavercreek Bar & Grill at 1pm, on April 6, 2012.
- Last year’s champion, Steve Howard, will receive an automatic spot in the finals.
- The 7 winners from each store, plus Steve Howard, should appear in their store champion’s shirt
- All finalists will compete at the same time and the winner will be the first to completely consume their sandwich.
- A panel of judges will be the sole judge of the competition and their decisions are final.
The Champion will receive a Champion’s Shirt, trophy, a certificate for a sub a week for an entire year and their name engraved in the Champion’s Belt. The belt and the winner’s photo to be displayed at the store they qualified from until next year’s competition
VIOLATIONS OF ANY RULES MAY LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION AND IS AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE MANAGEMENT OF SUBMARINE HOUSE